Niagara meets Marist in MAAC quarterfinal on Thursday
|MEN’S BASKETBALL PURPLE EAGLES|
|GAMES 19||No.5 Niagara Purple Eagles (8-10, 7-9 MAAC) vs No.4 Marist Pink Foxes (12-8, 10-8 MAAC)|
|DATE | TIME||Thursday March 11 | 7:30 p.m.|
|TOURNAMENT||2021 Hercules ties MAAC Males’s Basketball Championship quarter-finals|
|LOCATION||Jim Whelan Boardwalk – Atlantic Metropolis, NJ|
|PLAY NOTES||Niagara | Marist|
|SERIES||Niagara leads 30-24|
|GAME PROGRAM||Sport program|
|DISTRIBUTE||ESPN + – Daryl Fein / Chris Williams
|RADIO||107.3 FM / AM 1400 – Todd Callen|
The No.5 seed of the Niagara Purple Eagles will face the No.4 Marist Pink Foxes within the 2021 Hercules Tires Males’s Basketball Championship Quarterfinal at Jim Whelan Boardwalk Corridor in Atlantic Metropolis, NJ on Thursday, March 11 at 7:30 p.m.
• The Purple Eagles and Pink Foxes will meet for the sixth time up to now 14 months. The groups met within the first spherical of the MAAC Championships final season. The sixth-seeded Purple Eagles edged Eleventh-seeded Pink Foxes, 56-54, on a layup by Raheem solomon with three seconds remaining.
• This season, the groups separated a pair in Poughkeepsie to start out 2021. After dropping two factors on January 1, the Purple Eagles rebounded with an 86-72 victory in a recreation the place Niagara scored 20 consecutive factors in a part of a 26-4 run within the first half.
• Niagara and Marist have met six occasions on the MAAC Championships, with the Purple Eagles holding a 4-2 benefit.
• The Purple Eagles would be the fifth seed for less than the second time on the MAAC Championships. Niagara was the fifth seed in 2000 and was 1-1.
• Niagara is 13-11 all-time within the quarterfinals and is searching for their first semifinal look since 2013.
• The Purple Eagles lead the MAAC and rank SIXTH within the nation with the least turnover per recreation (9.9). Niagara leads the convention when it comes to income margin (3.2) and help to income ratio (1.2).
• Marcus Hammond and Kobi Nwandu have been chosen within the second All-MAAC 2020-2021 workforce.
• Kobi Nwandu led the Purple Eagles in scoring within the final 4 video games, which is the longest streak by a Purple Eagle this season.
• Kobi Nwandu ranks fourth within the MAAC in subject aim share (.451).
• Kobi Nwandu (14.5 ppg) and Marcus Hammond (13.2) are respectively fifth and ninth within the MAAC for factors. Nwandu and Hammond are the one duo within the high 10.
• Marcus Hammond has three 20-point video games in opposition to Marist in six video games, the subsequent three within the final 4 video games.
• Within the final three video games, Jordan cintron has averaged 11 factors, together with a career-high 22 factors in opposition to Monmouth on Feb. 30, whereas capturing 83 % from the sector.
• The Purple Eagles are on a four-game streak with at the very least 16 assists in a recreation.
• Niagara totaled 15 3 factors within the two-game set with Siena, which is his greatest in a two-game streak this season since Marist (21) on January 1-2.
• The Purple Eagles have had a constructive assist-to-turnover ratio up to now 5 video games.
• Niagara posted season highs in factors (81), 3-point subject targets (14) and free throws (24) in opposition to Marist on January 2.
Marist Pink Foxes (12-8, 10-8 MAAC)
• The Pink Foxes, who gained their first victorious season in 13 years, enter the MAAC Championships on a three-game successful streak with victories over Saint Peter’s and Quinnipiac (twice).
• Hakim Byrd and Ricardo Wright have been named to the MAAC All-Star Staff. Byrd Wright was a unanimous choice and led the Pink Foxes in scoring (11.4 factors per recreation).
• Marist is second within the MAAC in factors protection (63.5 factors per recreation).
In opposition to Pink Foxes (Niagara leads 30-24)
• The Purple Eagles and Pink Foxes have separated the final 12 conferences, together with the 2 video games which is able to happen on January 1 and a pair of.
• The Purple Eagles are 4-2 in opposition to the Pink Foxes on the MAAC match with wins in 2000, 2009, 2014 and 2020.
Final assembly – January 2, 2021
Niagara 86, Marist 72
POUGHKEEPSIE, NY – A flurry of offense within the first half propelled the Purple Eagles on their strategy to an 86-72 victory over the Marist Pink Foxes on Saturday.
|The collection||Niagara leads 30-24|
|Final match||January 2, 2021|
|Niagara 86, Marist 72|
|Niagara’s final victory||January 2, 2021|
|Niagara 86, Marist 72|
|Final Marist victory||January 1, 2021|
|Marist 63, Niagara 61|
|Niagara’s final victory in opposition to Marist at MAAC match||March 10, 2020|
|Niagara 56, Marist 54|
|Final victory of the Marists in opposition to Niagara on the MAAC match||March 4, 2011|
|Marist 73, Niagara 61|
|Present collection||Niagara W1|
In opposition to Marist within the MAAC Championship (4-2)
|2020||First||Atlantic Metropolis, NJ||No 6 Niagara 56, No 11 Marist 54|
|2014||First||Springfield, MA||No 11 Niagara 78, No 6 Marist 76|
|2011||First||Albany, NY||No 9 Marist 73, No 8 Niagara 61|
|2009||Quarter-finals||Albany, NY||No 2 Niagara 79, No 10 Marist 50|
|2008||Quarter-finals||Albany, NY||No 6 Marist 66, No 3 Niagara 62|
|2000||Quarter-finals||Albany, NY||No.5 Niagara 83, No.4 Marist 65|
MAAC Championship Tidbits
• NU is 25-28 with two titles (2005 and 2007) in 31 appearances on the MAAC Basketball Championships
• Niagara would be the No. 5 seed for less than the second time on the MAAC Championship. The Purple Eagles have been the fifth seed in 2000 after they defeated fourth seeded Marist within the quarterfinals earlier than dropping to No. 1 in opposition to Siena within the semifinals.